Friday 27 February 2009

On the bench (1)


I'm currently trying to finish off my WW2 German Infantry force. So underway are the final few (14) figures for the 2nd battalion and engineer platoons. Thought I would also add to this batch the (20) figures and four guns for two artillery batteries. Need to find some artillery command figures from somewhere and just realised that I'm one panzerfaust figure short for the engineer platoon. How did I miss that.

You may also make out 10 minifig horses. These are being painted for someone who is under the mistaken illusion that I can paint horses. I seem to be having a mental block on these as they have been there for a couple of months. Really do need to clear them of the bench in the next week. If you read this Mark.....I will get them finished....honest.

More photos will follow.

3 comments:

meadows boy said...

Questions?
Do you base your 15mm Germans individually for Rapid Fire?
&
What do you base them on?
&
Any chance of a picture of the Rapid Fire forces so far?
cheers
David

Ian said...

Hi David

Some are based individually on 15mm x 15mm bases. Others 2 on a 30mm x 15mm base. This I find makes it easier moving units on the table.

I use 1mm 3ply for basing with Dried Earth Basetex adding some fine railway ballast for extra texture. This is then washed with Raw Umber and highlighted. Finished off with static grass.

I'll put pictures up later. Need to charged some batteries.

Yan

meadows boy said...

Yan
Thanks for the answers & the pics they look really good!
Played Rapid Fire years ago in 20mm always fancied 15mm as cheaper takes up less space etc will have to paint up some samples. Once I have got my Assyrians done though!
cheers
David

I have been wargaming for 10 years in which time I have finally settled on two eras, Napoleonic and WWII, both in 15mm (1:100). Most of my ramblings will be about gaming in these two eras. An attempt will be made to record my wargaming interests, building of armies, ideas, interests and hopefully some games played.