Wednesday 18 January 2012

A Hetzer

Well we're actually going to have another game.... wonders will never cease......

After a full year of no painting and very little gaming both Mark and myself have agreed that we must do better this year. Which does sound very much like my old school reports. Let's just hope that, unlike my efforts at school, we can do better.

To re-introduce myself to painting again I thought a little Hezter would make a good start. I normally would only paint one, at best two colours per sitting/evening. So to get this simple model painted and based over the weekend is, for me, a little bit of a breakthrough......

Not a brilliant job but it will serve its purpose on the table.

The scenario Mark has written for our first game of the year is based in 1945. Hence my thought about having a Hetzer as support for my infantry. It was not until after I'd finished the model that I realised, in the Rapid Fire rules, this little Jagdpanzer packs the same punch as a Tiger I with the same armour rating. Cum on you little beauty...

No comments:

I have been wargaming for 10 years in which time I have finally settled on two eras, Napoleonic and WWII, both in 15mm (1:100). Most of my ramblings will be about gaming in these two eras. An attempt will be made to record my wargaming interests, building of armies, ideas, interests and hopefully some games played.