Thursday 28 January 2010

Samurai (15mm)

Below are some figures I picked up from a 'Bring and Buy' at one of the Derby shows. I took a real fancy to them as I've always had a fleeting interest in this period. I think it's something to do with all those flags, the decorative costumes and armour. Trouble is I don't know much about Samurai period, the armies or the feudal system. The project to build a small army for DBA or larger never got off the ground. Building armies of the World War Two period seemed to take precedence and my research into the Samurai period took a back seat. I can't see me getting any further with this project in the next few years so, very very reluctantly, I'll have to let these figures go.










I think they are Two Dragon Productions figures and beautifully painted.....wish I could claim it was my brush work........

2 comments:

Galpy said...

Your figures look awesome great job i painted a large samuri army for a friend last year and its not easy work, well done.

Ian said...

Unfortunately I didn't paint these figures. Wish I had.

I have been wargaming for 10 years in which time I have finally settled on two eras, Napoleonic and WWII, both in 15mm (1:100). Most of my ramblings will be about gaming in these two eras. An attempt will be made to record my wargaming interests, building of armies, ideas, interests and hopefully some games played.