Saturday 30 January 2010

Early Imperial Roman DBA army

As stated previously, I am in the process of renewing my efforts in sorting through my mountain of lead and trying to lighten the load of painted as well as unpainted figures. I think all my DBA armies will have to go as I've not gamed with these for at least two years. First on the list is my Early Imperial Roman army.



All nicely boxed as well



I cannot claim to have painted these figures but this will still be a reluctant sale as I do like this group of figures. An interest in the Roman period of history probably stems from school history lessons I can still remember the projects we did on Roman forts and villas. The 1964 film 'The Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire' might also have been an influence on me during my childhood. I've a couple of other small collections of Roman figures and these will also be sold........ Sad times......

1 comment:

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

:(

I empathise, I fear the forthcoming 2010 spring "clear-out" campaign and the results

I expect no mercy this year

I have been wargaming for 10 years in which time I have finally settled on two eras, Napoleonic and WWII, both in 15mm (1:100). Most of my ramblings will be about gaming in these two eras. An attempt will be made to record my wargaming interests, building of armies, ideas, interests and hopefully some games played.