Tuesday 2 February 2010

StuG III Company

Reading through this blog I've realised I haven't posted any pictures of the latest additions to my German Infantry Kampfgruppe. I've still got a little way to go to complete it as there are two artillery battalions and a tow for the 120mm Infantry gun to paint. I'm hoping the posting of pictures of the latest additions will motivate me to finish the outstanding elements and I can finally finish this Kampfgruppe.

As mentioned elsewhere I use Rapid Fire rules with 15mm figures. For this Kampgruppe I'm following the Divisional makeup as suggested in version 2 of the rule book. The only variation is the inclusion of an Assault Gun Company as an optional extra. A document showing the Kampfgruppe's composition can be found here

Below is the German Assault Gun Company with two 75mm and one 105mm StuG IIIs. When required, the two 75mm StuGs can be used as the 14th (Anti Tank) Company replacing the Pak 40 and 8 Panzerchrecke figures. Otherwise, along with the 105mm StuG, they can be used as an additional unit attached to the Kampfgruppe in an infantry support roll.



I do like to create storage trays for my models. These are marked up with small descriptive labels that help anyone identify what the units are. These trays also help to keep the figures and vehicles tidily together when stored in my drawers and make it easier to pick out specific units for games.



It's about time I put some German crosses on the sides of these StuGs.........some extra storage items might be nice as well......just when I thought these were finished.......

3 comments:

Steve-the-Wargamer said...

Nice work indeed....

AJ (Allan) Wright said...

Wonderful job on the cammo patterns on these.

Ian said...

Thanks guys. Sometimes simple is better.....

I'll post some more WII stuff soon

I have been wargaming for 10 years in which time I have finally settled on two eras, Napoleonic and WWII, both in 15mm (1:100). Most of my ramblings will be about gaming in these two eras. An attempt will be made to record my wargaming interests, building of armies, ideas, interests and hopefully some games played.