Sunday 8 February 2009

A little pat on the back

Thought I might publish a couple of photos to celebrate, for me, an excellent weekends work. (A little pat on the back). Apart from normal household chores, watching all three six nations games, and falling asleep during "633 Squadron", I feel I have done well with the above group of miniatures. They will form a major part of the German Infantry Regiments 2nd Battalion plus part of the HQ Recce/Engineer platoons.

The group being painted contains 3 command figures for the Battalion HQ, 5 figure for each of the three rifle companies, three figures for each of the two HMG stands and four figures starting the Recce/Engineer platoons. I'm waiting for the LMG figures and the engineer figures which should be with me in the next few days.

Just incase anyone does fall on this blog by mistake, I've also added a close up of one figure against a GB Pound coin to highlight the miniatures size.


These are 15mm figurines that are approximately 15mm high from the top of the base to the eye level of the miniature. The majority of the miniatures in this group are from Peter Pig range mostly late war with a few early war thrown in, along with a few Skytex (Command Decision) and I think there is at least one QRF figure. These have been boxed away waiting to be painted for so long I cannot remember for certain.

They still need a few more blobs of paint but I should be a be to put a little more on before close of play this evening. So it should not be too long before the whole regiment is finished.

To top it all this weekend Wednesday beat The Blades 2:1 at Bramall Lane, completing an historic derby double over them for for the first time in one season since 1914. Oh happy days.

No comments:

I have been wargaming for 10 years in which time I have finally settled on two eras, Napoleonic and WWII, both in 15mm (1:100). Most of my ramblings will be about gaming in these two eras. An attempt will be made to record my wargaming interests, building of armies, ideas, interests and hopefully some games played.